Saturday, July 20, 2013

Bling Bang Summer Steelhead

The summer run is heating up and this is the time for metal. I decided that I would try to add a new weapon to my fishing spinners I have never landed a large fish using spinners before Saturday last week. I got to the Cowlitz river it was low and clear. No one had caught a fish all day. So I started to rummage through my tackle box and found a Pen-Tac spinner that a friend of mine gave me to try out two years ago. I grab my trout pole and start fishing. Ten minutes later bam I hook into this fourteen pounder.








I was more surprised than the fish. That Monday I tried the Cowlitz river again the conditions were exactly the same so out came the spinner and I got this ten pounder.




Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke I tried the same setup on the Skykomish and landed this 18lb chinook after a 30 minute battle.




(No salmon where killed in the making of this blog)
Loser Takes All!

1 comment:

  1. awesome! --- i think spinners are by far the most exciting method fishing for salmon/steelhead

    Nice Catch! -- I'm talking about your daughter -of course!

    ReplyDelete